Friday, November 18, 2011

Who wants to save money??

So I've blogged before about the benefits of energy conservation in our homes, e.g. saving money. I linked to a website where you could get an approximate calculation of how much money you could save, but I didn't have a whole lot of data. Now I do. Julie Satow, a writer for the NY Times, recently posted an article that addresses this. She writes that Deutsche Bank Americas Foundation and Living Cities commissioned a report that illustrates the significant benefits of efficiency in homes. An 88-unit, 2-building housing complex in Manhattan saved 50% of fuel costs by installing new boilers and heating controls. Another building saved $551 a year per apartment. "Marc Zuluaga, a vice president and director of the multifamily energy services group at Steven Winter Associates, a building consultant in New York" was interviewed for Satow's article. He pointed out that these savings were achieved without implementation of any "particularly exotic technologies" like solar panels. They just made small changes to make the homes more efficient. One way that people were inspired to make these changes is that each apartment was responsible for paying the electric bill. When the money was coming from their pocket, they cared more about saving money. If it's this easy, why isn't everybody doing it? I don't really know. Partially because there isn't much data to support these claims. But here is an example of one study at least that does prove that you can save money!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/09/realestate/commercial/study-clarifies-the-energy-savings-in-retrofitted-buildings.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&ref=energy-environment&adxnnlx=1321641289-nYfGjYuNKmAcPev8TwvOjg

2 comments:

  1. Did you know there is a 12 word sentence you can say to your man... that will induce intense feelings of love and impulsive appeal to you deep within his chest?

    Because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's instinct to love, adore and look after you with all his heart...

    ===> 12 Words Who Fuel A Man's Desire Response

    This instinct is so hardwired into a man's brain that it will make him work harder than before to make your relationship the best part of both of your lives.

    Matter-of-fact, triggering this powerful instinct is so important to getting the best ever relationship with your man that as soon as you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

    ...You'll soon find him expose his soul and mind to you in such a way he's never expressed before and he will see you as the only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly appealed to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm  here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me. My name is Nikita Tanya, from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance  all hope was lost until one faithful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from Le_Meridian Funding Service She introduced me to this honest loan company who helped me get a loan in within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@outlook.com lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com, they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of a loan assistance  please come to this company and be saved.WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)

    ReplyDelete